Tuesday 28 July 2009

Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, Dhoad Gypsies of Rajasthan and Kasai Allstars at the Barbican, 26/07/09


'I’ve been told by a few people who don’t live here that “London is no place to bring up children”, which has always struck me as an odd thing to say. The park? The zoo? The river? The lido? For a start, If I’d had those things as a child, and the weather to enjoy them, I’d probably not be the sort of person who wastes his time indoors pontificating on the internet about what people with children do when I don’t have any of my own. And then there is the Barbican. This weekend was one of their “Do Something Different” affairs, with all sorts of events taking place throughout the building, from sandpits to walks to butterfly-making to energetic world music concerts on the free stage. I was more than a little jealous of all those little ones who were being introduced to hip-hop trumpet troupes and goggling at Indian fire-eaters, and the gleeful look on their faces would probably be a far better review than you’ll find here.'
From mapsadaisical's blog. Click here to keep reading this interesting report about our Do Something Different weekend.
..

No comments:

Post a Comment