Tuesday 7 July 2009

Images of David Sanborn and YolanDa Brown @ Barbican Hall

Images by Akin Aworan from the Thu 2 July gig here in the Barbican Hall.



Check out also Akin's full hearted review of the concert.

'The first time I heard of David Sanborn was his collaboration with Bob James on their 1986 Double Vision album. The track that blew me away was “Maputo”. I’m not much of a Sax fan, (Thank you very much, Kenny G!) but David S is one of the few musicians out there that I really appreciate as a saxophonist. And who can forget his playing on all of the ‘Lethal Weapon’ Series? (Although, I have to say Part 4 sucked! There! I said it!!)'.

Here for more!



As in the Guardian 4-star review about the concert, the surprise of the night was YolanDa Brown - 'a very, very talented saxophone player who played with finess, vigour and sassiness.'

Check the Blaze programme for more.
..

No comments:

Post a Comment